Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Quick Auction Update

Hi there!

Just wanted to give a quick summary of how the Auction went. Sorry it's taken me awhile, but it took me forever to fall asleep after the excitement of the glamorous evening, so I was useless all day Sunday, and have only gotten around to blogging now. And, as I said, this will only be a quickie: a full entry with stats, juicy gossip and loads of pictures will be coming down the line soon!

In short, the night was an enormous success! The Humans were dressed to the nines, and the Raptors were groomed to perfection. Hundreds of auction items lay sparkling on the tables, surrounded by people armed with bid cards, smiles, and wallets generously opened for the night. The live Auction was a hoot (hehe) as always, with the auctioneer raking in money for the RMRP with charm and clever tricks.

Myself, I was perched in a corner watching the night unfold, and hissing at anyone who came near me. I've seen many of these auctions from the same perch, and I knew before the Humans did that it would be a record-breaking night. After all the guests had gone home and the numbers were crunched, the Humans announced with smiles that they'd earned more money for the birds than ever before! Being a recipient of that money myself (in the form of mice, of course), I too was overjoyed at the news. Well, 'overjoyed' may be an overstatement. Let's just say I stopped hissing as much.

The Humans and the Raptors relaxed and unwound for the past couple of days, taking a well-deserved break from the pandemonium of organizing an event of that scale. But the break is over, and we're already back into the groove of rehabilitation, education and research, but now with much-needed money in the bank to support our cause for a little while longer.

I and the other educational birds would like to extend an enormous thank you to those who attended this year's benefit auction! And to those of you who missed it, don't fret: it happens every year!

Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment