Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Counting down...

...to Auction night!

We're all atwitter (ahoot?) here at the RMRP. There are only two and a half days remaining before the epic and glamorous night commences! I'm so excited I can't even sleep during the day! We haven't yet been told who will be going, so we're all preparing just in case. I've spent all week preening my feathers and cleaning the blood off my feet so I'll look perfect for the big night. Here's what some of the other birds are saying about preparing for the Auction:


  • Eastern Screech Owl: "Ugh, I seriously need to lose some grams before Saturday. I won't even be able to fit into my box!"
  • Bald Eagle: "Excellent, an excuse to wear my favorite perfume, eau d' trout. Wows them every time!"
  • American Kestrel: "I'm so going to smuggle in my phone and Tweet about this."
  • Long-Eared Owl: "I'm surrounded by brutes. Why must I be the only bird at the Auction to maintain good posture and eye contact?" 
  • Swainson's Hawk: "We're going to Auction? Is that in Argentina? I'm so confused." 
  • Red-Tailed Hawk: "Dance party!!!" 
  • Turkey Vulture: "I know it's a 'black tie' affair, but how about a 'black everything'? Will that work?"
  • Prairie Falcon: "Can someone please find my some bling? Please? Anyone?"
  • Common Barn Owl: Wait, will she be coming? Because I can't go if she doesn't go."
  • Rough-Legged Hawk: "I'll be sure to wear my most dapper cummerbund." 
  • Burrowing Owl: "If anyone refers to me as 'Marvin the Martian' again, I will eat them. Seriously. Eat them." 


As for me, I'm just going to try to sneak in my camera and get pictures of everything for those of you who won't be able to make it! And as for the rest of you, have you bought your tickets yet? Get them here!

Oh yeah, the menu is now available at that link as well. Doesn't look good to me (Spinach and cheese ravioli?  Cheesecake? Where are the mice and rats?!), but the Humans are drooling over it. Also, I overheard the Humans talking about some of the live auction items, and I'll give you a hint: some lucky spenders will be taking amazing vacations to warmer lands!

Okay, that's all for now. Can't wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment